Monday, January 04, 2010

This isn't heaven, this is Pittsburgh.

View from the apartment
Primanti Bros, THE place to go for sandwiches in Pitt.
Everything stuffed into soft, wondrous bread. Coleslaw, fries, tomatoes, ham, cheese... heavenly goodness... and you probably can't finish it coz its bigger than your face. or at least my face. Costs $7.41 USD, with taxes and tips and I threw away 1/4 of it coz i was bursting at the seams. Imagine spending that much on food everyday for 3 meals. But I like to eat and shop!!!
That's my makeshift bed... only cool thing about it is that it's pink. apart from that it's terribly cold to sleep on the floor.

I think I am down with H1N1, yeah, not cool. The housemates think that I am paranoid. I've been indoors for so long since I've reached Pitt, it ain't funny. Then again it's probably the weather that makes you dread going out. Dear God, for all the times that I said I wanted snow, I take it back. Please make it go away.

I haven't been shopping and it drives me crazy especially when the 4 guys I'm staying with watch matrix and LOTR marathons all day (it screens back-to-back on the channels here), go out and rush back in time for NFL (of which the steelers won, finally). ok, maybe i'm just exaggerating. I desperately need to shop, and I think I really have a shopping obsession.

Yesterday we went to Macy's and got a down coat for poor sickly shivering me. It was so bloody cheap, I swear my flu/period/H1N1 nonsense cleared up the moment i saw items for me to purchase. I felt so pai seh making them wait, so I was desperately trying to choose between a Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger coat. Shopping cures all illness, at least for me. I feel the urge to say this...
EVERYTHING IS SO BLOODY CHEAP HERE.

I mean, I knew the shopping was good, but I didn't know it was THIS good. it's kinda sad if you're on a budget or spent months scrimping and saving to get here. consumption is really part of the american experience. haha. ;) No joke. Doesn't help that mother loves coach and wants me to buy back loads and loads of bags. I think I'll probably end up shipping.

I need to find accommodation soon. Got a shit load of crap to do tomorrow... Goodnight world.

No comments: