Thursday, January 01, 2009

Say my name, and his in the same breath. I dare you to say they taste the same.

Happy new year everyone!!! wow, it's yet another year and i'm going to hit the big 2-zero!!! I've been a preteen and someteen for the past decade or so, and the whole idea of hitting my twenties really scares me. I don't think it's really becoming for me to party, drink and be irresponsible anymore, instead try and center my life and be more goal-driven somehow. I've been out and about lately, not lazing around really, but partying (oops), spending time with my family (which is of utmost importance to me) and friends and other people(: When i was in church today, my mind wandered upon the Thanksgivings I've yet to make for 2008. 2008 hasn't exactly been the most ideal year for me, and i've been hit countless of times by bad happenings. I would instinctively say i hate whatever was in 2008 but i realised that somehow it had all led me somewhere, and while trust in the Lord has been an issue for me, i think that somehow He's had me in His hands. Like when i thought i really couldn't make it to a local uni, He gave me three places although it wasn't what i wanted but i do hope that there is a reason for all this. ): yes i have no right to sound like a pious person when really i'm far from ideal, i think i know what i should be thanking God for, and i'm so glad for all the little happenings which made me the person i am right now.

I am indeed still a work in progress but hey, everyone learns and there's still a need for lots of improvements. lately i've become rather withdrawn, and i choose not to tell people things even though i really would like to in fear of being judged. well i just really pray that somehow i'd be able to find a bestfriend. yes there are so many good friends here but somehow there hasn't been someone who i've had the opportunity to get closer to in the new environment im in, but i know that 2009 will take me there. (: this year is going to get better i know it... i know it (:

No comments: