Friday, October 02, 2009

If its gotta end then let it end in flames, let it burn all the way down

OMG last night I was at Mustafa with Daryl Jamie David and Farhan then on the way back, we went our own ways and Daryl and I headed to the car park opposite Mustafa. AND GUESS WHAT! This group of 3 Indian guys probably noticed us heading towards them and they suddenly got up from near some van and started walking slowly, semi-loitering around where we were. AND THEN GUESS WHAT *^@^£!)£ THEY STARTED FOLLOWING US and didn't stop even when I looked back! I swear my heart stopped for a moment. It was so scary, and they had things in their hands which looked like weapons to me. Then Daryl told me to get into the car first and by then they were like so close I nearly died. Then he got into the car and auto locked the doors and we immediately sped away. Seriously what the hell is wrong with them? I think they wanted to rob us or something. So next time as a note of caution, if you are going to Mustafa at around 1am please don't park at the open car park opposite, but park directly in front of / at the side road near Mustafa. At least they have staff there and such weird things won't happen.
----

The only problem with Singapore is that the people here think that they're so big when no one else in *THE WORLD* cares. Seriously. And I also say this after remembering someone's complaint some time ago.

Here's what happened: I got kind of offended when a certain US University emailed me, asking me to attach my official TOEFL scores. This is what TOEFL is : The TOEFL® test is the most widely accepted English-language test in the world. No matter where you want to study, the TOEFL test can help get you there.

The thing that hit me instantly was that no one outside Singapore really cares about us, what our history is and what our first language is. Yes, you may say that I am overreacting and perhaps they're just following the admission criteria. But upon checking that University's page, I realized that HK people need not submit TOEFL results as they are regarded as English speakers. Then why not Singapore? Perhaps it's because we're just small and non influential in most ways, and Hong Kong is part of China which is probably what Asia means is to them. Which kinda makes me think that no one really cares. Sad. Moreover, from what I have been reading and learning about in one of my modules really tells us how sad it is for a non-WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) to assimilate into the American society. Then again assimilation is not the problem, but acceptance is. Say what you like, I don't believe migrants can ever be equal in any society. Look at Singapore. You think we really accept foreign people? Some look to ang mohs as gods and others as lesser humans. What makes YOU think America will accept you?

Wake up kid.
---

But as much as people complain about such issues, you gotta love them for their sense of humor.. Lina and Elise, you know what I mean... hahaha. If you like smosh you'll like this hahahah.

On a completely random note, I TOTALLY love pixie's outfits in this video!!! DROOLS. I am so tempted to buy those studded booties ;) or at least a similar looking one from the likes of Gucci although there's really no occasion that calls for such a lovely pair of boots in the disgustingly humid Singapore. Sucks, I want to get to the US of A FAST!!!! *sobs dramatically*

I saw a somewhat studded Alexander McQueen copy in Far East but of course with terrible workmanship... was almost tempted to get a pair of those babies but imagine me climbing the stairs in NUS. MADNESS.I think dreaming about them makes it so much better.
But I still prefer these Gucci babies: Should I get a similar looking pair? HELPPPP!

No comments: